How to donate change at Coinstar
Change Making Change is a proud partner of Coinstar’s Coins that Count™ program. Did you know that there are over 17,000 Coinstar® machines located in all 50 states? In fact, your neighborhood Coinstar kiosk is probably within 5 miles of your house.
Here is how you donate to Change Making Change at your local Coinstar machine. (Detailed directions are below the image.)
1. Take a handful of change from your household coin jar, your piggy bank, or whatever you use to collect your spare change to your neighborhood Coinstar machine. (That’s right — just a handful!) To find the one nearest you, click here for a Coinstar machine locator. NOTE: Coin donations are available at participating store locations. We have been informed that Safeway and Safeway-owned grocery stores do not accept change donations for charities other than the Safeway Foundation.
2. At the Coinstar machine, when prompted by the on-screen instructions choose CASH IN COINS.
3. On the next screen, choose DONATE TO CHARITY, and confirm that choice on the following screen.
4. On the screen showing all of Coinstar’s Coins that Count partners, select Change Making Change by touching the Change Making Change logo. If you don’t see the Change Making Change logo on the first screen, touch the “More” button at the bottom of the screen to see more donation partners. If for some reason you still can’t find our logo, you can enter a 4-digit code. The code for Change Making Change is 3925.
5. Dump your change into the hopper and watch your change being counted.
6. At the end of the transaction the machine will print a receipt for the full amount of of your donation. Your donation is fully tax deductible.